17 November, 2008

Beach & Cake

We went down to Sydney to see my eldest daughter who was diagnosed with Epilepsy last week. She looks good and is coping well but will have to go to see neurologist in a months time.

We went to Cronulla beach for lunch at one of the many cafes, these are my girls and the boys are in the background in red shirts. We had a lovely lunch together and walked along the beach.
There was repair work going on the Seawall which had collapsed last year from a severe storm.

Cronulla beach is a very popular tourist destination there is so much you can do there like swim, snorkel and scuba dive, fishing, whale watching and even playing in the rock pools is fun. While we were there we seen people wind surfing and kite surfing.


There was even a junior surf carnival going on and there were kids running everywhere enjoying themselves.
It was nice to have a change in scenery and to see and hear the waves come crashing in on the beach and even just the smell of the sea was wonderful.

Another really popular thing down here is having Christmas on the beach. The beaches are usually packed with people from all cultures enjoying the surf, sand and Christmas lunch.




This is my girls hubby and their new addition, a little chihuahua cross poodle called Freddy who is so cute and cuddly but gets up to all sorts of mischief. While my girl was in hospital little Freddy, who is only 12 weeks old was digging up her potted plants and dragging them around their house.

I took a few special things down to my daughter because that is what mums do to cheer their kids up any way I thought I'd make a nice chocolate cake the night before, well I didn't have enough eggs so I thought I'd run outside with a torch through a electrical storm to the chook house and harass my hens for a couple of eggs. Well I made it to the hen house but mother chook was not to happy about me pinching the eggs under her so she was going berserk pecking and carrying on until I left. This is the recipe for my really quick delicious chocolate cake, it is dark and moist and is really easy to make. I have a lot of recipes that are really quick and simple and taste fantastic. The only thing is I don't have a picture of it yet so I will post it later.

Chocolate Cake
2 Eggs
4 oz Butter
10 oz Sugar
6 oz Plain Flour
7 oz water
1 Teaspoon Soda Bi-Carbonate
dash of Vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt

Mix all these ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes just until smooth, be careful not to over mix
Pour into a greased and floured tin
Bake in moderate oven for 1 hour ( check it after 45minutes)
Dust with icing sugar or ice with chocolate icing

No comments:

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"