07 November, 2008

Infant jumpers update

I've finished one jumper for the newborn Aids babies in Africa, it took me a little while to do due to the other things going on. I've just started another one and hopefully if time permits I can do another. These babies are taken home wrapped in newspaper, there are many things we are not aware of or don't realize but I think when they are brought to our attention we should make the best of that opportunity as if it was put there in front of our eyes for a reason and do what we can to help. I don't have enough multi colored wool to make another so I thought I would add this vibrant orange for the band and maybe somewhere around the neck line.


One of my little dogs, Abbey, fell into a fence hole we had dug a while ago for the veggie patch and it was filled with water, she went in head first and I don't know how but she turned around luckily but couldn't get out. This happened in the front yard where the dogs don't usually go, but we were mowing and cleaning the yard so we let them out to have a run around so I was there when she fell in. I pulled her out quickly and she coughed and splattered but was fine, she then ran off and rolled in the dirt and grass like she just had a disgusting bath :)

3 comments:

Grammy said...

That is so cute, I only know how to knit a row like a blanket. I wish I could create but I can only crochet. But do not read patterns. You did a wonderful job. I am so glad you dog is ok too.
Best wishes
Ernie

white_lilly said...

Thanks Ernie, nice to hear from you.
I'm not the best knitter and I learn from my mistakes and there are a lot of tutorials on knitting to help you. I need the step by step ones ;o)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The jumper is beautiful. I'm sure the family that receives this will rejoice and be happy to bring their baby home in it.

I'm glad that you were there when Abbey fell in the water filled hole. And I'[m glad she's ok.

~Lisa

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"