27 January, 2009

Celebrations of the Heart




My quiet time this morning was from Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, and ever -present help in trouble". We live in a troubled world and the pressure and stress of living in this world can swallow us up into illnessess such as depression, anxiety, high blood pressure and many more yet God's promises of refuge and strength is abundantly available to help us. We needn't panic or give in despair because God is as close as the mention of His name.

My thoughts and prayers are with my uncle today as he is recovering from an operation today to remove cancer from his lung.

I have another lovely poem to share from Helen Steiner Rice it is called


May the Lord Bless and Keep You


To be in God's keeping
is surely a blessing,
For thought life is often
dark and distressing,
No day is too dark
and no burden too great
That God in His love
cannot penetrate.
And to know and believe
with out question or doubt
That no matter what happens
God is there to help out,
Is to hold in your hand
"the golden key"
To peace and to joy
and serentity!



3 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Beautiful words. Just what I needed today :)

Prayers from me for complete healing for your dear Uncle.

~Lisa

white_lilly said...

Thank you Lisa :)

Grammy said...

My prayers are with you and your Uncle. I too enjoyed your lovely words.
Big hug.

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"