23 January, 2009

Simple Summer Time Joys


Not much going on lately just rolling along with these summer days. Bottling peaches and making pickles is taking up most of my time. It won't be long and we will be out there picking blackberries again and making pies and jams. Those hot evenings out in the paddocks with your bucket and chatting with friends with the occassional ouch as you get a thorn in your finger is so relaxing. Sometimes we all climb on the back of the ute and head out to the best spots for the most juicest of blackberries and sometimes we witness a beautiful sunset that is breathtaking as we drive home. These are the times when you truely love the joy of simple things :)
What simple joys do love? Come and Share :)

5 comments:

Grammy said...

Aw, the joy of summer. I can taste it now.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ooohh! You painted such a wonderful picture with your words. Bottled peaches and fresh blackberries sound so yummy!

A simple joy for me would be sitting in my chicken coop with a cup of tea as my girls hop on my lap for a visit and cuddle.

Or maybe a quiet ride on my painted mare over the hills and through the forest.

Enjoy your simple summer joys, Sue :)

~Lisa

Rising Rainbow said...

Geez, I forget it is summer down there. It is freezing cold here right now.

Cheryl@Gingerbread Crafts said...

I can remmember as a child wandering through country lanes lined with what looked to be luscious blackberries and never being allowed to sample even one. Never knew whether the council had sprayed them. Never knew the joy of tasting fresh blackberries.

white_lilly said...

Hi Ernie, it wont be long and you will be in summer:)

Hi Lisa, I've seen photos of you sitting in your coop with a cup of tea with your girls....wonderful
And...photos of you and your gorgeous painted mare over the hills and you are very lucky :)

Hi Rising Rainbow, as I sit here sweating away in my non air conditioned shop I will think of you freezing over there :)

Hi Belovedgoddess, I don't think I would touch berries if I thought spray had been put on them. Fortunately we only pick on each others farms so we know if they were sprayed on or not. Its a shame other children could not enjoy the same delight in their childhood.

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"