13 February, 2009

A change in the weather

I can't believe the change in the weather the last few days. At the moment it is about 20 degrees, I have a polo neck jumper and jeans on and I'm cooking a stew for dinner now if that doesn't sound like winter what does.

On another note the fires are still raging in Victoria and people are on high alert as the threat of fires is so unbelievable. The town of Toolangi is under ember attack some residents have evacuated and others are preparing to leave. The owners of a Tavern there have opened their doors to the firefighters, workers and locals and have provided them with food, accommodation and even a beer all free of charge. People have given their services as well to help the owners out with generators and volunteers are helping as cooks and waitresses. There are many stories of people helping and giving so much for these people that have lost everything.




I have abandoned my veggie patch at the moment with so much going on but it has been doing well with all the heat and now the rain. The only thing I will have to worry about is getting my stove reconnected, because Dave disconnected it when he moved it in the kitchen, and start making my tomato sauces and relishes with my booming crop of tomatoes :)

Jess has also moved down to Sydney to start a TAFE course so things have been quiet around with out her and we have both missed her. There will be the holidays coming up soon so she will be coming back to spend time with us. Hopefully by then the kitchen and bathroom will be finished and back in order :)

I appologise for the video below of the rescued koala not working as I am hopeless on these things but have now fixed the problem so if you you want to see this video please tried again :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't it amazing how people help out in terrible situations? I think it says a lot about people in our society, especially with all the bad things going on.
Hope you get your kitchen back soon! Ummm - that stew smells good!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

So good to hear an update from you. I've been thinking about you and worrying. What odd weather you've been getting. But much needed, eh?
What is TAFE? How has Jess been doing with her health?

By the way, I really like your new header photo. It's just lovely. Is that a cabinet made by your husband, too?

Oh!! And your package arrived today. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the adorable and soft pink hat! I've been wearing it in bed all afternoon. My hubby thinks it's cool that I'm wearing something that came directly across the sea from Australia. hehe
I also am truly enjoying the horseman's magazine. It's interesting to me the differences and alikeness in tack, clothing, horses, style, and so much more. I spent a couple hours just reading bits here and there and looking through the ads at the back, too. Fun!!
I'm also enjoying the article about the Nicole Kidman movie, Australia. Was it well-received over there? Have you seen it yet?

Thanks so so so much, my friend!
What a generous, thoughtful gesture you did for me. I'm very appreciative.

((HUGS))
~Lisa
ps Happy Valentine's Day, too.
Do you celebrate that in Oz? And if so, in what way?

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"