11 February, 2009

What a crazy night!




After a hot stinking day in the shop with all the machinery outside digging and pounding the earth I was packing up to go home and I felt the shop building shaking so I went out side to see what machine was doing what. One of the workers on a big roller came over to me, he must have seen the look on my face and he told me that if I feel any vibrations to let them know, well I told him the building is shaking in its boots and he said he will let his supervisor know. A few days earlier a young man came in and took photos of the walls and any apparent cracks in the building just in case more cracks appeared while they are working.


Anyway I left to go home and had to pull off to the side of the road because I was been pelted with hail stones the size of walnuts along with leaves and small branches. This lasted a good ten minutes and I notices a number of cars had also pulled over. So once the hail stones stopped I was off again on my 45 minute drive home and notice further down the road smoke in the air , a bushfire was over on one of the ridges. My thoughts went straight to the Victoria fires but this was no way in comparison to that but as I drove through one of the small suburbs I noticed the fire trucks were all out. When I got home the wind was picking up and a storm was moving in with thunder and lightening, it eventually came and dumped on us 10mm of rain which was very refreshing.


Not long in the evening a neighbour came up and told us he seen a horse running full bolt down the main street, not knowing if it was my horse Buddy who should be safely up in the back paddock I was not going to take any chances so I grabbed a lead and Dave and I went out looking for this crazed horse. By this time some of the people where congregating around the fire sheds talking about the two fires burning in the area, we waved and went on in pursuit of the horse but as it was dark and the weather was a bit wild we were unable to see it . On the way home we stopped at the next door neighbours and seen his pig out and pulled over then noticed the neighbour pulling up behind us. He told us that it was his horse that had been chased out of the gate by one of his dogs and he was out looking for it as well. Well we decided to wait till morning as the conditions were not good and left to go home for a good cup of tea.

No comments:

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"