05 December, 2009

Baby Bump and other things!


Baby is coming along nicely and all is well! This was a photo I took of my daughter last month on my phone when I stayed with her for a few days. I couldn't find my battery charger to charge my batteries for my camera so I haven't had any photos lately and I have just downloaded my photos from my phone. Check out that little bump isn't it gorgeous :)
We finally got the go ahead to start construction of our new church. Clair, the lady in the photo is one of the founding members of our Church, next year will be the 60Th year Anniversary of the Baptist witness in our area. Here one of the Deacons is handing to her the shovel that will be used to turn the first sod for our new Church.

This is the front of the 10 acre block purchased a few years ago to build the new church on and Clair is standing at the entrance with balloons and streamers and a sign inviting people to come and witness the turning of the first sod (I put up those balloons and streamers and let me tell you it was such an effort because we had gale force winds that day)
This is the start of the new drive way which will go down behind the buildings for a car park, on the right is the boundary fence and where we will put in gardens
The machines were quick to get on there and start excavations of our new church, we had sprinklers around to try and keep down the dust.
It wasn't long and the water tanker was there to water down the site. It won't take long and the excavators will be finished and the concretors will be in. I'm hoping to take enough photos to document this for the church members to keep them up to date and also for future generations.
After months of planning and discussions it is great to see the start of our church, we are now looking to the future and for what God has install for us as a Church and a community.



2 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! Looks like the plans are moving forward.....for the church and for the baby! How exciting!


~Lisa

Grammy said...

That is wonderful! She is adorable.
I am glad to here things are moving along quite nicely on the church. It will be up in no time.

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"