29 April, 2010

Road Trip, Short Clip!

I had to go down to Sydney again this week and I thought I try and take a video of my early morning trip along the track that takes me to the main road, apart from feeling like Steve Irwin on a safari adventure my videos were not very good. The road is really bumpy and you would probably get car sick just looking at it but I did see a lot of kangaroos on my travels and I had a few jump right out in front of me. I did get a video from the start of my trip of a kangaroo that was standing on the track so I pulled up beside it and notice it had a bloody eye and a injured leg, I didn't know for sure how bad it was as it hopped behind a tree so I left it in peace and went on my way. I don't know for sure wether it had been in a fight or injured itself jumping over a fence or it had been hit by car. I have come across a few animals injured on the road and I usually call into a neighbour or a property close by and there usually is someone there with a gun so we can put them out of their misery, it really makes my sad when people know they have hit an animal yet drive off and leave it still alive laying in the middle of the road injured. I hope my video and post have not sadden you but I am sure this roo will be ok as long as he keeps away from the road.

No comments:

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"

Farewell "Buddy Surprise"